Rules & Regulations
1. Participation is permitted for those who paid their fees and are on the participation list, as well as presented a valid medical approval in the registration process.
2. Passing on your participation kit and running under a different name is forbidden and endangers the runner's health
3. It is mandatory to run with a beam number and a time keeping chip which will be given along with the participation kits. Minimal participation age: 16.
Mandatory riding equipment
4. Mandatory equipment: Functioning mountain bikes; appropriate helmets – helmets are mandatory at all stages; no less than 1.5l of water per rider; mobile phone for each rider; reserve tube for each rider; pump; tire-fixing kit. Organizers are not obligated to extract riders from the field because of a technical malfunction.
5. Recommended equipment: Riding clothing and gloves; repair tools; drinks and energy snacks; sunscreen.
6. Clothing: during the day we expect warm weather, and recommend you should dress light and protect yourself against the sun. It is best to pack light cloths and a wide hat for the end of the race, the chill out zone and the podiums.
7. You should adhere to the instructions given by the tournament administration: referees, marshals, organizers, rescue vehicles, military and police. Should a participant fails to follow said instructions, he/she will be disqualified.
8. The organizers reserve the right to prevent a participant from racing, should it be concluded they are in danger, health or otherwise.
9. Littering will lead to disqualifying! You may not leave waste of any kind in the tournament courses. Each participant must collect their garbage. The check points will be equipped with garbage disposals – please use them.
10. Sportsmanship and proper conduct must be kept all throughout the tournament, and generally in life. Any participant deviating from the rules of conduct towards referees, marshals, other contestants or other users of the road (pedestrians, non-competing cyclists, vehicles etc) will be disqualified. Examples of improper conduct: violent bypassing, using foul language, pushing, preventing a bypass, or any behavior that endangers others.
11. A participant forced to withdraw from the race for any reason will report to the crew in person or by phone and will await their instructions. Participants leaving the course without notifying the organizers will bear the costs of the search and rescue efforts.
12. The routes are marked with arrows. You are not to deviate from the marked route. At each crossing, slow down and look for the official marking.
13. Categories in the various courses:
1. Women up to 39
2. Women 40+
3. Men up to 39
4. Men 40+
14. A category will be open once at least 10 people have registered to it. If this is not met, the participants will be transferred to the next category.
15. A participant's age is calculated according to their birth year (not day and month). For example – a participant born on February 1990 and one born on December 1990 are both 24 y/o for determining their category.
16. Minimal age for participation – 16 y/o.
17. Timekeeping will be done by SPORTSWEB.
18. Timekeeping is individual.
19. Each participant is measured a personal and pistol time. Winners are determined by the pistol time.
20. Cutoff time is 10:30pm
21. Appeals: you can appeal up to 30min from crossing the finish line, by filling up a form which you can find at the registration booths alongside 200NIS. If the appeal is accepted, the money will be refunded.
The organizers reserve to right to amend this document.
This is the place to find a cycling partner for the Veolia Desert Challenge couple's marathon!
If you're a partner short, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with personal details, age, sex, physical/technical level, your goal in the race, and contact details.
We will publish them here on the page until you find someone to ride with!
Saturday 9/12 - 24km
Elevation gain: 241m
Hight Profile 24km
Saturday 9/12 - 48km (Two 24km laps around the course)
Elevation gain: 241m
Hight Profile 24km